Monday, April 13, 2015

Sheila Kitzinger

On April 12th, 2015 Sheila Kitzinger passed away. She, in many ways, inspires the work that we do as birth workers. In addition to writing one of the only books we recommend for mothers to read during pregnancy, The Complete Book of Pregnancy & Childbirth, she also had a special interest in prison birth advocacy. She was happy to hear about our work here in Minnesota with incarcerated mothers and we were thrilled to tell her about it.

We will continue to benefit from what she has taught us and will be forever thankful for the wisdom she has shared. Thank you Sheila, our thoughts are with the family at this time.

Below is an email response that Erica received when we first told her of our work.


Dear Erica,

I can arrange for 4 copies of The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth and - very important for  your other helpers I think - one of The Politics of Birth to be sent to your address if you let me have details. I''ll do it through Amazon.com

I am so glad to be in touch with you and I'd love to hear how your work is going. 

Best wishes,

Sheila



Maternity guru Sheila Kitzinger  Photo: GETTY

No comments:

Post a Comment